If you would like to start your OWN Do Something organization on the UC Berkeley campus, please contact email@example.com.
Are you a young person who is passionate about social change? Are you the type to change the world? Want to become involved with the coolest, most awesomest, and kick-butt organization at UC Berkeley?
Here is what the Do Something experience will give you:
- A new, and enlightening perspective on social entrepreneurship – a skill that will empower you to use the proven business practices to empower social change!
- Connections to thought-leaders, trendsetters, and innovators of social change – straight up Founders and CEOs (we hate dealing with recruiters because they are so impersonal)
- REAL responsibility. You will be executing projects from day 1.
- Cutting-edge organizational management skills that will help you in the future
- Opportunities to meet and work with celebrities like Akon and Usher
- Invitation to exclusive Do Something invite-only events
- A cool email on our domain: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An opportunity to be a part of the movement to change the world
JOIN US TODAY! ALL POSITIONS ARE OPEN TO APPLY FOR SPRING SEMESTER!
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
The CFO shall be responsible for handling finances of Cal Do Something. He/she is to ensure the organization’s long-term financial stability and approve of necessary reimbursements.
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
The CMO is responsible for developing and maintaining corporate relationships and partnership. The CMO is also responsible for the publicity of the club.
Chief Operations Officer (COO)
The COO shall be responsible for spearheading and overseeing the functions of Cal Do Something events, programs, and campaigns. The COO shall lead meetings along with the President to ensure the logistical details of any event or program are taken care of.
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
The CTO shall be responsible for directing all Cal Do Something’s technological needs, including but not limited to: graphic design, web programming, social media, video, photos.
- Business & Development (1 Director)
- Cause Campaigns (1 Director)
- Social-E & Leadership (1 Director)
You can find committee descriptions here.
Committee members will organize and execute events and projects – any event and project!
If you have something you are passionate about and want to do something about it, this is where your ideas can come to life!
Requirements for all positions:
- Initiative-taker – you are a doer and instead of waiting for others to tell you what to do, you take charge
- Team player – must be able to work in an environment that fosters the creativity and ideas of many individuals
- Communicator – very mobile, on email and Facebook all the time, cellphone in left hand wherever you go
- Enthusiastic – you can be shy, but you have to be able to articulate your ideas and love what you do
- Dedicated – as this is a starting club in its early stages, we need your full attention span. It is preferred, although not necessary, that you do not have positions in other clubs that entail a lot of responsibilities
If you are interested, please submit an online application.
Spring 2013 application deadline: EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, Feb 22nd at 11:59pm!
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.